Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Life Lately {11/2}

Hey there friends! It’s been a little while since I posted on here and there are a couple of reasons for that. Nothing fun and exciting, so let’s get that out of the way now...The first reason is that I was having some issues with my Blogger app and deleted it with the intention of re-installing it to see if that worked. Well, when I went to re-install it, I discovered that the Blogger app is no longer available to download. #bloggerfail!! So, that means I’m going to have to write all of my posts at a computer. This is actually pretty hard for me, lol! We’re on the go a lot and it was so easy to write my posts while we were headed somewhere in the car. It was also a lot easier to upload pictures since I take them all on my phone. I’ll do my best to keep up with my posts, but I’m hoping to find another app that makes posting easier.

The second reason that I haven’t posted, if I’m being completely honest, is because I’m really struggling right now. I’m struggling with my nutrition as well as my fitness. I keep having the intention of getting back on track with my eating, but then something comes up, we go somewhere fun or Halloween hits. I’m starting the Lean Life Plan this week and hope I can stick with it. I know the first few days are the hardest, so here’s hoping I can get through, right? If you’re interested in joining or learning more, please let me know. I’d love the extra accountability!! Email me at southliveyankee@gmail.com for details.

Ok, so I’ve been talking about training for my half marathon on here, too. It’s scheduled for November 12. Unfortunately, I won’t be running it this year. I started having some foot pain a couple of weeks ago. After a trip to m y doctor, an x-ray and an MRI, I’ve been diagnosed with tendonitis, inflammation and soft tissue swelling. I’ve been told to RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) my foot until it feels better and to NOT run any half marathons. Well, she actually said marathons, but I’m guessing she’d lump those together in the same category if I questioned it. As hard as it was for me, I took last weekend off from running. Shocking, I know!! My foot is feeling better, so I’m hoping that I can test it out this coming weekend with an easy run. I’m trying very hard not to be frustrated, but it’s disappointing to be working towards a goal for so long only to be stopped in my tracks very abruptly!! Moving on though…

I’m starting a new workout program next Monday that I’m pretty excited about and hope it helps to keep me on track through the holidays. Yes, I will splurge for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but hope I can keep it all under control.

I hope you’re all well and will try to check back very soon!!

So long for today…

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Glad you took a rest from running. . . .

    ReplyDelete