Thursday, January 24, 2013

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Pasta


Happy Thursday everyone! We're more than halfway over with the week! We have no definite plans for the weekend, but I'm still looking forward to it. I have to apologize for not doing a WIAW post in 2 weeks. I started off taking pictures of my food yesterday, then didn't take any of lunch OR dinner, so I figured I had better scrap that idea. So instead, I am giving you a new recipe. Even better, right?

They say this is a crockpot meal, but I don't really like that name so much. Yes, you do put it in the crockpot, but there is an awful lot of prep that you have to do before hand in order to get it ready for the crockpot. Then you pretty much just heat it through and get all of the cheese melted together. I guess it saves you from having to bake it, but I think it might be good with a nice browned top right out of the oven. In any event, it was really good. TC and I both really liked it. Addison didn't care for it too much, but I think she was just being picky that day. Here's the recipe:

CROCKPOT CHEESY CHICKEN PASTA
adapted from Half My Size
Servings: 12
Points+: 6


16 oz. dry pasta, cooked
1 lb. Velveeta Light cheese
12 oz. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
10 3/4 oz. can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
10 3/4 oz. can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
1/2 cup water
salt & pepper, to taste

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir to mix well.

Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours. Stir again just before serving.


EXERCISE:
I didn't get any formal exercise in yesterday. I did get my 8,000 steps in yesterday, but after the Dr's appt earlier in the day, I was ready to relax for the evening. Although I did end up making cupcakes for work today. So relaxing was out of the question. Oh well, there's always tonight, right?

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment