Sunday, August 12, 2012

Emeril's Marinated & Grilled London Broil


Well, here it is again. The end of another weekend and the beginning of another work week. Some weekends seem to fly by so fast. This one was no exception. It's also disappointing that the Olympics are officially over. I think I'm as let down as the athletes are! We've been watching them every night cheering on the USA. We did pretty well with 104 total medals. There for a little while, we were neck and neck with China, but we pulled ahead and didn't look back the last few days. Way to go USA!!

I love grilled London Broil. It can be a tough cut of meat, but if you tenderize and marinate it the right way, it can be tender and delicious. I went to the meat market last weekend and picked up one of their Lond Broils. This week, I found this recipe through a Google search and marinated it over night. Since TC was working late a few nights last week, I ended up eating this for leftovers a couple of times, but it still tasted almost as good as it did the first night. Here's the recipe:

EMERIL'S MARINATED & GRILLED LONDON BROIL
adapted from Food Network
Servings: 8
Points+: 5


1 (2 1/2 lb.) tri-tip London Broil or flank steak
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1/4 c. dry red wine
2 T. olive oil
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T. soy sauce
1/2 T. seasoned salt
1 t. coarsely ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, smashed

Place the flank steak in a large, plastic resealable bag.

In a large, glass measuring cup, combine red wine vinegar, red wine, olive oil, Worcestershire, soy sauce, mustard, seasoned salt, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pour the marinade into the bag with the steak, seal and place inside a large, glass baking dish to prevent possible spills. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours (or at least 6 hours).


Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. (Alternately, preheat the broiler). Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Place the steak on the grill (or under the broiler) and cook to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for rare. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before carving.

Slice across the grain into thin diagonal slices. Serve steak with sauce.


EXERCISE:
I got up this morning and did a pretty slow 3.73 miles through the neighborhood. Still trying to take it easy and lower the stress on my body. I was happy that my papparazzi (aka TC & Addison on the golf cart) came along with me on this run. We get some pretty strange looks from some of our neighbors sometimes, but it's nice to have company on my runs. I was going to do yoga tonight. I even started the video and rolled out my yoga mat. But when it came down to it, I just wasn't feeling it. I still needed to get things ready for Monday morning and I hadn't done my blog post yet, so I passed up on yoga tonight. I hope Jillian will forgive me.

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about the Olympics, loved the closing ceremonies! We watched every night and I have to say that I think I was a little sleep deprived as I was up later than I normally am every night to watch. London Broil is actually one of my favorites because it is easy to make for a big group of people. I don't know if we have even had it yet this summer but it might need to be on the list for the lake. Looks really good! Have a good week!!!

    ReplyDelete