Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Philly Cheesesteak Cupcakes


I'm loving the time change! I've been looking forward to this so that I would be able to get in some runs during the week. Tonight was my first one. The weather was so gorgeous! I really hope that it stays warm like this straight through Spring. It just wouldn't be fair to tease us with this perfect weather and then snatch it away from us!

I love Philly cheesesteak sandwiches. There is just nothing like them! There is a restaurant down here called, oddly enough, Philly's that makes the best cheesesteaks! TC and I used to go there when we wanted to splurge. We couldn't go there very often or else we would have weighed over 300 pounds each! So after seeing all of the recipes for main dish "cupcakes" I decided to try these. I'm also thinking about doing some in egg rolls, too. I think those would be quite tasty as well! Here's the recipe:

PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CUPCAKES
Servings: 6
Points+: 10


1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
6 slices 2% milk Provolone cheese, chopped into pieces or shredded
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
24 wonton wrappers

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat. Add green pepper and onion. Cook until veggies are tender. Stir in Worcestershire sauce.

Spray 12 cup cupcake pan with cooking spray. Place wonton wrapper in bottom of each cup. Distribute 1/2 of beef mixture evenly among cups. Top with half of provolone cheese. Place another wonton wrapper on top of cheese and repeat layers. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from muffin tin.



EXERCISE

I'm so glad I got in my 3 mile run tonight. I was wondering how my knee was going to hold up and it did great! I'm still going to take it a little bit easy on it until after the bridge run. I don't want to push myself too hard and then not be able to run in it at the end of the month. I still want to get some longer runs in to train a little more for it, too. Maybe this weekend. Ok, off to make some Shamrock Sugar Cookies...

So long for today...

3 comments:

  1. I am now following you!! Your blog is really great and always makes me hungry and motivates me to get moving! You are an inspiration!! Thank you!! Cant wait to get cooking some of your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinned this - I've made them before but lost the recipe! Glad I found you, these are the cutest and yummiest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad you found it! I love the cupcakes!

      Delete